Name each of the four families we learned about…

Discussion in 'Arts' started by Leighton, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Leighton

Leighton New Member

Name each of the four families we learned about and one example from each family. Describe why there are different families of music instruments. 1 point for naming the 4 instrument families 1 point for giving an example in each family 1 point for explaining why there are different families

2. Sylviajfox

Sylviajfox New Member

Idk, if I got it right, but I'll try: 1) string instruments, wind instr., percussion, keyboards 2) cello, trumpet, kettle drum, piano 3) weird question, but my answer is that each instrument has different function, like, percussions are more for rythmical accents and tempo, although other instruments can do that too. Strings usually are used to express melodies and phrases, and the lower ones, cellos and contrabasses, also are used for pulsation and tempo stuff. Also, in classical music, different instruments have different meanings, like, composers often ascribed flutes to voices of angels, and, in war period, snare drum sometimes were used like war march, but these are some details In the beginning of music (Middle ages) first were strings like lute, used in folk and social content songs, but in church first one was organ, which, according to monks and priests, lead people closer to God. And, well, functions can change according to music genre too (classical music, jazz etc.). Hope I said something useful.