Please Translate in French Day 3 – Luxembourg…

Discussion in 'French' started by Etchel, May 2, 2020.

1. Etchel

Etchel New Member

Please Translate in French Day 3 – Luxembourg City, Luxembourg Today is my last day, here in Luxembourg and I have just arrived here in Luxembourg City from (from Viaden/Esh sur…) as my last destination, here in Luxembourg. These past three days here in Luxembourg have been an amazing, travelling experience. A short background information of Luxembourg City is in 963 Sigefroi built a castle on a rocky spur, so laying the foundations of the present-day capital. Sigefroi ruled the area as a fiefdom while his successors became vassals of the Holy Roman emperor. In 1354 the region became an independent duchy and its ruler, Wenceslas I, son of john THE Blind, vastly extended the duchy’s lands, incorporating Metz in the south and Limburg to the north. But the fort’s strategic position made it much sought-after and the city’s history, from here until 1815, runs largely parallel to Belgium’s. The first site I visited was the Grand Ducal Palace. The Palais Grand Ducal (The Grand Ducal Palace) serves as the official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. The building was first constructed in 1572 by Adam Roberti. Originally, it housed the city's town hall. In 1728, it was renovated and later expanded in 1741. Next, the palace served as the headquarters of the Department of Forets during the French administration of Luxembourg in 1795. Then, in 1871, the palace took shape as the home of the Governor, the representative of the Dutch Grand Duke. I took a tour inside of the Palace, which looked so elegant, with many of the interior components being made of gold and with walls covered in majestic looking paintings that made the Palace look so extravagant. Once I had finished my tour, I decided to make my way to my next tourist destination, the Petrusse Casemates. My second tourist destination in Luxembourg City, were the Petrusse Casemates. The Petrusse Casemates were first created by the Spanish who modernized the existing city fortifications in 1644. The architect of the casemates, Swiss fortress builder Issac von Treybach, raised the Beck Bastion to its current height of 27 meters in 1685. They were these beautiful, medieval looking castles that were surrounded by vast variety of trees, which created this unique look that brought you back in time. The last destination that I visited was the National Musuem of Art and History (Musee National d’Histoire et d’Art). It is a museum located in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg. The museum contained many sections including an archeological and a visual arts one. In the archeological section, particularly contained objects discovered during various excavations; sarcophaguses, tools, coins and jewels. In the visual arts sections, it contained many of the country’s Luxembourgish paintings from the 18 th to the 20 th century. Overall, my trip here in Luxembourg has been a great one, and I’m glad I got to experience this amazing culture.

2. Mariyamk

Mariyamk New Member

Jour 3- Ville de Luxembourg, LuxembourgAujourd'hui, c'etait mon dernier jour, ici au Luxembourg et je viens d'arriver à ville de Luxembourg de Viaden/ Esch sur… que mon dernier destination, ici au Luxembourg. Ces dernier jours, ici au Luxembourg ont été incroyable. This part is the part until A short background… . Hope helped! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!